Monday, March 17, 2014

Promotional Items

I intended to blog again last week, but was laid up with a killer migraine. Add shuttling kids around all weekend, and there's no time for anything even resembling coming up with a decent blog idea. Plus, it's raining and I'd much rather be asleep.

So, you'll pardon me this brief interlude whilst I tell you that authors Jessica Bell and Adam Byatt are having a fun time with their "Degenerate Dictionary" project. I wish I could adequately explain exactly what this "dictionary" is, but you're better off experiencing it yourself.

You can experience the awesome wit that is the Degenerate Dictionary by visiting their site (http://www.degeneratedictionary.com/), or their Twitter feed (https://twitter.com/DegDic). Come up with your own definitions, and you just might make the published version when it's completed!

Along with this project, they are having a giveaway for a $20 Amazon gift card and e-copies of any (or all) of Jessica's books. Details about the giveaway and the ways you can enter can be found at Jessica's site, The Alliterative Allomorph - http://thealliterativeallomorph.blogspot.com/2014/03/lets-have-bit-of-fun-will-you-play-if.html


Word to the Nerd

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I read about Jessica's project but haven't contributed yet.

Joshua said...

I've been having a lot of fun reading and adding to their Twitter stream the last few weeks. It's a fun, yet brief (all too brief) respite from the day.

Maurice Mitchell said...

I sounds like a fun project. Sorry about the migraine.

Libby said...

Hope you feel better soon!

David P. King said...

It's been way too long since I stopped by here last. I really fell out of the swing of the blogging ring. Hope you're feeling better! :)