Top Five Things That Recall Childhood
1. Circus Peanuts - I love that these things are still around and readily available. We used to eat them the only way possible: poke a hole in the bag, let them sit for a day or two, and then enjoy. Why? Who the hell knows, really. They're just...better that way.
2. Peeps - Same thing here as with the circus peanuts. A day or two stale, and they're perfect.
3. Hot Wheels - You know, I hadn't really thought about these in a long time. We're using them as incentive to get The Boy potty trained. This is where I go: "Back in my day, you had to just remember which cars you owned. Kids these days, QR codes printed on the back, you just scan them and add the car to your online collection. Or scan it at the store to see if you own it already." Damn kids. I love the look on his face, though, when he gets to pick a new one.
4. Fraggle Rock - I loved this when I was younger, and I love it still. The Girl likes watching them...well, she used to; she's moved on to other things. The Boy...he just doesn't care.
5. Rollerblades - You know, you just don't see these things around anymore. Can anyone tell me why? Time was, these were just all over. Including one of my all-time favorite guilty pleasure movies Airborne. Which they have never released on DVD in the states.
Suddenly I'm feeling a whole lot older. You?
Word to the Nerd