Friday, June 15, 2012

One Decade & Also A Half

Just a quick post today to tell you all that I won't be around today. Or much of the weekend, either. And the way my work calendar looks for Monday thru Wednesday, it's going to be July before things slow down again. Or pick up even worse than they are now.

Today's post title has a strange sort of significance, and I'll illustrate them with these two letters.
A decade is a long time. You drive me completely nuts sometimes, but I can't imagine a better way or a better person to spend my life with. I love you. Happy 10th Anniversary.
That was the first part of the title. This is the second.
You're impatient. I can't imagine which of us you get that from, but it explains why you arrived over six weeks early. I do wish you'd picked another day, though. You are a beautiful little girl and a wonderful daughter. I love you so much. Happy 5th Birthday.
I'll tell you this, though: she's a lucky little girl that daddy spent two hours decorating cupcakes with dragonflies on them for her to take to school on her birthday. Chocolate heads, red licorice bodies, and Swedish fish for wings, all held in place by my homemade buttercream frosting.

Yes, it is as good as you might imagine.

Have great weekends, everyone.

Word to the Nerd

24 comments:

JennaQuentin said...

She will remember those cupcakes forever!
Joyeux anniversaires.

Hazel said...

Aww well from what I gathered congratulations are in order and a happy birthday to your daughter :)

Those cupcakes sound lovely too!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

So your daughter's birthday is on your anniversary? (Or really close?)
And any extra cupcakes?

Cassie Mae said...

Aw, Happy Birthday little Nerdling! And Happy Anniversary! Enjoy the time off!!!

Joshua said...

Jenna - And then there's the picture of me on the pink Princess bike I put together.

Hazel - They are scrumptious.

Alex - She was born on our 5th anniversary. I'm waiting for the day that her birthday, our anniversary, and Father's Day all end up on the same day. That's going to be awful.

Cassie - We're going to make it a great time.

Juli said...

I used to make birthday bugs for the boys to take to school on their birthdays. Cupcakes decorated as lady bugs, spiders, butterflies... they were always a huge hit.

And I love your letters. Makes me sad that Tony no longer writes for me...

Pickleope said...

Happy Annibirthserday! (I obviously love mashups.)
And since you won't be around, a Happy Father's Day to you, sir.

Kristen Wixted said...

Loved the Colbert report. I'm going to apply to be the voice of Sweden too. I have over a hundred twitter followers...

Kristen Wixted said...

Oh, and Happy Anniversary and Happy father's day etc. And if you have a sec could you check out my caption contest--you seem plenty witty enough.

Padded Cell Princess said...

Happy decade together and happy 5th birthday to the Girl! Those cupcakes sound adorable...and tasty! (and the bike photo was really cute with you putting it together!) What a good Daddy and Husband!

Samantha said...

Well Happy Anniversary...

& I may steal that letter for Bree when she turns 5 in September :)

That's a good Daddy doing that with the cupcakes :)

Minxy said...

Why is she bringing cupcakes for all her classmates on her birthday? Sounds like it should be the other way around, right? Where all her classmates bring cupcakes for HER!!! :)

I hope you took a pic of those lovely-sounding cupcakes. I'd love to see them! :o)

fishducky said...

What a wonderful 5th anniversary gift!! Most people get something made out of wood that year.

Tasha Seegmiller said...

Happy anniversary! And happy 5th birthday to your daughter! I hope everything worked out and you can still get away.

Sarah Ahiers said...

That sounds delish!!
happy Birthday genetic legacy! And happy anniversary to you and the SO!

Patty said...

Congratulations squared.

Christine Rains said...

Happy anniversary, happy Father's Day, and happy birthday to your daughter! Big weekend. Mmm, cupcakes. Now I have a craving.

Leigh Covington said...

WHOA! GO DAD! That is totally awesome! And Happy Anniversary to you and the wifey - AND Happy Birthday to the kiddo!!! So fun!

Maurice Mitchell said...

Joshua, how creative! She seems like an artistic type.
- Maurice Mitchell
The Geek Twins | Film Sketchr
@thegeektwins | @mauricem1972

Paige Kellerman said...

Can I order a dozen of those cupcakes? It's gonna be a long weekend around here too.

Lubaina E. said...

Happy anniversary :D
And a happy birthday to your 5-year old.
Dragonfly cupcakes seem pretty creative :)

vic caswell (aspiring-x) said...

10 years! sheesh! your wife is such a patient woman!
also, dragonfly cupcakes? super nifty!
five is such a fun age!

Dr Max Tunguska said...

Happy birthday and anniversary.

Kato said...

I am sorry that I missed this one! Happy Anniversary to you two lovebirds!

And a happy birthday to that little (not so little anymore!) girl of yours!