Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Top Five Tuesday: To Have

Well...April's gone, and so ends the A-to-Z Challenge.

To be honest, it was kind of nice knowing which shirt to wear rather than deciding while looking at them all. For transparency, I'm wearing the Orange Crush shirt today.

The post-mortem for the challenge is scheduled for next Monday. For the new followers, every so often I like to open it up for your questions. I'm not opening it up yet, so get your questions ready, and I'll post the prompt next Monday during the recap. This is the only warning you'll get, and I usually don't give the warning. It's just because I like you all so very much.

Also, today is the release date for Elemental by the esteemed and magnificent Emily White. You might remember the small interview last week. So...go buy it, please.

Now, let us pick up where we left off. Which means that it's time for a full-on Top Five Tuesday. We'll ease back into it, I promise.

The Premise

I had a friend in high school who was, dare I say, obsessed with David Letterman's "Top Ten" lists. So much so that he would share his own top ten lists over lunch periods. The subject matter of those lists is not retained in my long-term memory, no matter how good it is. However, I'm sure I could ask him since I still know how to contact him. Thank you, Blogger and Facebook. One day, as I was reading through the blogs that I follow, I saw that many of them have theme days. That's when I thought I would try my hand at my own theme day, and "Top Five Tuesday" was born. The only disclaimer is that these lists represent my own opinions and are subject to change whenever the hell I feel like it. Also, these lists are not in ranking order, unless specifically said.

Five Things I Would Like to Have

1. PlayStation Vita : For no other reason than to have one. It's a game gadget. Must has.

2. Star Wars: The Blueprints : Anyone have $1,000 to spare? I accept gifts.

3. McIntosh Clock : Because it's gorgeous, and should be at $1,500.

4. Thief 4 : The last installment in this video game series was—sadly—back in 2004. Eidos-Montreal has the reins on the game, and they had a vague announcement back in 2008, but so far...still waiting.

5. 1974 Volkswagen Type-181 Thing (Kurierwagen) : And I want it in orange.

That brings us to the end of things. A nice, light day in the Nerdiverse.

Word to the Nerd

22 comments:

Anna Smith said...

Those books look so pretty and new :)

Annika said...

Well, who wouldn't like to have those things :-)? You sure know how to pick them, as usual.

Samantha said...

Saw one of the VW Things on Pawn Stars the other night, and it was love at first sight. LOVE IT...so cute :)

Also, SW blue print? & the clock? Awesome.

DEZMOND said...

I wish all of us would wear outfits like THE THIEF... I do love me such style...

D'Artagnan said...

I've already made plans for plasma donations and random piggy bank crackings in order to obtain those precious Star Wars blueprints.

And if you want a "thing" I'm pretty sure all you have to do is trek out to San Diego. I saw a billion of those growing up, lol.

Cassie Mae said...

If only I hadn't spent that 1000 bucks on bills. I'd have those Star Wars Blueprints in my hands right now.

Rachel Morgan said...

I'm not quite sure what would be on my top 5 To Have list, but I know it wouldn't overlap with yours!

Pickleope said...

Why are you...Oh, I do apologize, it seems the floor is not open for questions at the moment.
That clock is awesome. But for that price tag, it better tell the time then teleport me where I need to go.

vic caswell (aspiring-x) said...

oooh! that's a nifty car!
and YAY for ELEMENTAL!!!!

A Daft Scots Lass said...

I prefer the other car in the background. Its a 60s Chev, right? Is that garage carpeted???

Yea, and in that colour. My favourite colour, of course.

Matthew MacNish said...

THIEF 4!

fishducky said...

I've often wondered who buys those orange cars....

David P. King said...

My top 5 wants have nothing to do with those (maybe Thief 4), but I had no idea there's a star wars blueprint book. I'd like to have a peek at that. :)

Christine Rains said...

You're like my husband in wanting to have every game gadget even if you don't regularly use it! That orange Thing... wow... it's, uh, orange.

Patty said...

My list one consists of 2 things:
1. Sticky Finger Salad from Winger's. It rings up at $8.99.

2. A firm understanding of the Zombie Apocalypse and why everyone talks about it all the time. It's not real, right?

Cherie Reich said...

Congrats to Emily!

Awesome top five!

Joshua said...

Anna - Shiny, even.

Annika - Why thank you.

Samantha - So...good choices?

DEZ - Wouldn't it be nice?

D'Artagnan - I saw one in San Francisco once...so cool. Almost bought one summer between first and second year in college. I had 5 grand and they wanted 6 grand. Wouldn't come down and I couldn't go up. So very close.

Cassie - Stupid bills.

Rachel - I'd like to know what your picks would be. My list changes day to day, mood to mood.

Pickleope - I think you've asked enough. And you are correct about the clock.

vic - YAY!

Lass - Yes, to both of your questions.

Matthew - YES, PLEASE!

fishducky - Lass and I, apparently.

David - I didn't know it until this morning, and it prompted my list.

Christine - I still wish someone hadn't stolen my old original Gameboy and Tetris. Never reacquired them.

Patty - 1. Umm...gross, I think? 2. I'm a former Boy Scout so...be prepared.

Cherie - Thank you very much. And yes, congrats to Emily.

Scope said...

I routinely tell my wife, especially when we see one of the new (ruined) Beetles, that VW should revive the Thing. Just do it as a one year, deal.

Sell a bazillion of them, they would.

wizzardSS said...

Thank you for entertaining me during the A to Z Challenge. I've updated my blog roll to include yours :)

Keep up the good work!

Joshua said...

Scope - They better wait until I have the money saved up first because I want one. Maybe a hybrid or full electric version. That would stop the whole "back seat catching fire because of the battery" issue the old ones had.

wizardSS - Much appreciated, thank you.

S. L. Hennessy said...

I've really wanted that Star Wars blueprint book too. Why do these things have to cost so much? It's just rude to dangle it out there in front of us, out of reach.

Joshua said...

S.L. - It's a ridiculous price. And seeing that I didn't win the lottery last night, I won't be acquiring it soon.