Friday, May 4, 2012

May The Fourth

Today is recognized as Star Wars Day or "Force Day" to those in the Nerdiverse. Why? Because of the phonetic resemblance.

May the Force Be With You.
May the Fourth Be With You.
In its honor, I'm wearing my Über Nerd Millennium Falcon Schematic shirt.

Again, it's red, not pink. Not that there's anything wrong with pink, but this one is not pink.

Also, I can't vouch for the origins of what I'm about to paste here, but a guy I know and trust posted this on his Facebook feed earlier. Plus, it's funny as hell.

"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together. But it's really just a biological byproduct of these little microscopic creatures called midichlorians that live inside some people, but not inside other people, so really it's not mystical at all—you just happen to have a bunch of them because your pops was positively loaded down with the little buggers. Ooh, and also, stop looking at Leia like that, because she's totally your sister. I should have mentioned it. Don't know why it didn't cross my mind, what with me being present at her birth and all. My bad."
—The full Obi Wan speech from Star Wars before Lucas made some cuts.
Let's see what else...

Oh, yes! I've finally made some additions to the Nerdipaedia page, which you can get to by clicking the word in this sentence or the page link at the top of the blog. The two I've added today are Star Wars related, naturally. Which reminds me, if you see me post about something that you think should be in the Nerdipaedia glossary, please point it out to me? That would be awesome. Thanks.

Word to the Nerd

22 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think that's the real speech.

Samantha said...

Love me some Star Wars...grew up watching it.

Obi speech was funny :)

"I hope you find the droids you're looking for." made me giggle to. Wonder why, "These aren't the droids we're looking for." is one of those lines, out of the thousands of others in SW that gets repeated the most? Besides, of course, "Luke, I am your Father" & "May the force be w/you."

Jaleh D said...

That video is way too funny! I can't stop giggling. That's well done indeed.

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Nope, I will choose to believe it is pink and until you can offer irrefutable evidence that it's not pink, I will continue to do so. Besides, it like 20 times cooler if it is pink.

Okay...

Those pics are cute...love the bye Daddy one. :D

And I only got to watch the first minute or so of the video before it crashed on my phone, so I'll have to check it out when I get home. It's funny, though.

Many people would say we're in the ass end of space...

That cracked me up. :D

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Bwahahaha! I got the video to work and that is too funny!

Thanks for sharing.

Joshua said...

Alex - I'm pretty sure it's scheduled to be added in when they come out with a new DVD/BluRay/NextGen format.

Samantha - I use that probably two or three times per week. Not as many times as That's What She Said, though.

Jaleh - It's been around too long, and it needs to be seen again.

Jaycee - The Canadian accent on Tattooine is hysterical. It's what Star Wars would sound like if Dan Aykroyd had voiced the stormtroopers.

Tny8 said...

I think that speech is from Robot Chicken, possibly Family Guy. I didn't care for the Family Guy Star Wars specials as much as the Robot Chicken ones.

Johanna Garth said...

My son would be sooo jealous of that t-shirt. Where did you find it?

Cherie Reich said...

May the 4th be with you. :)

And perhaps Obi should've said that speech. Hehe!

Jamie Gibbs said...

Be careful, for tomorrow is Revenge of the Fifth ;)

Have you seen 'star wars uncut'? it's a fan movie of the entire of Episode IV made from 15 second clips done by fans all over the world. it's epic.

Christine Rains said...

Cheers to you on May the 4th! Have a great weekend. :)

Joshua said...

Tanya - I knew that sounded familiar. That makes so much more sense. And you're right about which was better.

Johanna - Target, $10. GO!

Cherie - It would have stalled the trilogy. Or at least changed it considerably.

Jamie - And if you drink a fifth on the fifth, you'll have a Revenge of the Sixth on your hands (and knees and toilet).

Christine - And also with you.

Lady Gwen said...

You definitely need a glossary section in the Nerdipaedia. Because I laughed when I saw the word "Nerdiverse" up above. You could fill it with all your nerdy made-up words! That'd be cool.

DEZMOND said...

May the fourth be with you... ha ha love it, Joshie!

Juli said...

Holy hell. Too funny. :)

aziasaidwhat said...

Hey- Nice pink shirt!

The Golden Eagle said...

Aw, those are cute . . .

May the Fourth be with you!

S. L. Hennessy said...

I simply love the nerdpeida index. It's brilliant.

And May the Forth be with you as well.

P.S. Saw Avengers. Holy crap!!! It was AMAZING! Have you seen it yet?

Kimberlee Turley said...

Saw this shirt at Target and wanted to buy it for my dad but they didn't have it in his size... or my size :(

Annika said...

No matter what you say, that shirt still looks pink :)...

And Lego. Total awesomeness.

That video sure was worth watching, thanks for posting it :).

D'Artagnan said...

The only way "The Wars" could be a bigger part of my life is if I were allowed to claim them as a dependent.

Joshua said...

Lady Gwen - Slowly but surely. I shall be adding Nerdiverse.

DEZ - :oD

Juli - Great laugh for a great day.

azia - >o|

Golden Eagle - And also with you.

S.L. - I have not seen it yet. Will probably wait until it hits the theatre where I only have to pay $1.75.

Kimberlee - That's not good!

Annika - You got it!

D'Artagnan - I think Lucas already has. You could name a kid or an animal after the Star Wars universe?