Monday, May 14, 2012

Green Chaos

As hard as I tried, there was no way I was going to make it to work today. I did try, though. Taking the trash and recycling to the end of the drive took it out of me. I can't expend too much brain power today, because I have to work on a report for work. So, a few random things this morning.

I've been watching some of my favorite episodes of Scrubs on Netflix Instant lately. Season 5, Episode 9 had Turk (Donald Faison) joining an air band with Janitor, Ted, and Lloyd the Delivery Guy. And then Turk danced to "Poison" by Bell Biv DeVoe.

The song had finally left my head, until they played it on a radio show this morning. Could be worse, I suppose.

Had a little bit of funny this morning when the dry cleaner's credit card machine didn't work. I had cash. They didn't have change. The whole thing just had me laughing. Once I got back to the car, of course; I'm not an asshole.

There was something else funny, but this head cold and re-emerging fever are burning away my short term memory. Oh, wait...now I remember. The Boy left me a co-pilot after I dropped them off at daycare.


Now I will work on this report for work while I watch Bedazzled DVD style since it's not up on Netflix.

Like I said last week, guilty pleasure movie.

*License: I took this picture.

Word to the Nerd

22 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Jeremy said...

I love Scrubs! It has to be one of my favorite shows.

Libby said...

Best co-pilot ever. Hope you feel better. :)

Samantha said...

Hope you get better soon! & I love your co-pilot :)

Padded Cell Princess said...

The thought of the co-pilot was pretty cute but the photo about had me melt! That's so cute! I hope you feel better soon. Branden got sick again so I'm just waiting for my turn next...yay for sudafed posts!

Cassie Mae said...

Oh you poor thing! Get some rest for sure and feel better!

Pickleope said...

Hope you feel better soon.
So how did you pay for the dry cleaning? Did they make you go in the back and work off your bill by steam pressing some slacks?

Johanna Garth said...

Cutest co-pilot ever! Hope you're feeling better soon :)

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Love that episode of Scrubs! And that's a pretty adorable co-pilot. My daily co-pilot is Hello Kitty, which just got a new Rapunzel dress from Build a Bear. :D

Feel better soon!

Annika said...

Wishing well from here also :-).

That videoclip just made my evening, hilarious. I used to watch Scrubs too, but got fed up with it after a while (like with many other shows which just don't know when to die).

And what a cute co-pilot. Safety first, good thing with the seatbelt (which just reminded me of the movie Zombieland, where the seatbelt indeed saves lives).

Peggy Eddleman said...

There's nothing like a copilot to ease the sickness. Or just to add a laugh to the sickness. :o) I hope you get feeling better soon!

Juli said...

My son's always strapped copilots in for me after they left the car. Occasionally, they would leave me a snuggle partner in my bed as well. :)

Christine Rains said...

Hope you feel better soon. Now I have Poison in my head, but I don't mind so much!

Scope said...

Hope you get better soon.

Nadja Notariani said...

Love those 'co-pilot' moments! They're the best. My nearly-16-and-ready-to-drive-son used to climb on my lap and squeeze my face between his hands...
"Hun," he'd say (he called me 'hun' not mom, because my husband calls me that..I suppose he thought it was my name..., "I like you so bad."
"I like you so bad too," I'd reply.

Sarah Ahiers said...

Aww man, i hope you feel better soon. It sucks being sick

Kato said...

Hope you feel better!!!

Joshua said...

Alex - Me, too. Thanks!

Jeremy - It was a great show, but it went one season too long.

Libby - He's a sweetie. Thanks!

Samantha - If only the battery wasn't failing and making it go off at random times...

Princess - I was sitting on the couch last night and there was a PBS show about meth, and I said, "I could use some of that right now." The Wife didn't react, which is good; hopefully she knows I meant the ephedrine and not the meth.

Cassie - I tried. Failed.

Pickleope - I paid cash. It was just a funny little debacle.

Johanna - He's a keeper. The Boy, too.

Jaycee - Hello Kitty Rapunzel? Interesting combo.

Annika - Agreed. Scrubs should have ended with JD's last day. Period.

Peggy - He's a really sweet two-year-old...most of the time.

Juli - Cute!

Christine - I don't mind it either.

Scope - Thanks, and glad to hear you're feeling better yourself.

Nadja - That's adorable. The Girl has started calling for me, "JOSH!" It's funny, and I don't care. At least she's asking for things instead of being a brat 100% of the time.

Sarah - Yes. Yes it does.

Kato - Me, too! :oP

vic caswell (aspiring-x) said...

awwww yeah! co-pilot! <3

Joshua said...

vic - I know, right?

Cora said...

I remember that episode of Scrubs! Ha!

I sure hope you shake the plague soon.

Joshua said...

Cora - Almost gone. Except The Wife got it. And The Boy.