Well, it seems Vapid Vixen, a.k.a. The Ginja Ninja went all "Tag, You're It" on me with this little thing.
Okay, I'll bite. But only if you ask me nicely. Actually, since I was not at work yesterday, I'm going to be inundated today. So, what better time than to answer the questions she sent along with this little guy. And you'll probably learn a thing or two about me. Sit back, get some popcorn, and let's watch.
Seven Things You Never Cared to Know:1. I'm quadridextrous. In addition to being ambidextrous, I can also use my feet to do a lot of things. If I had the money, I'd have surgery and physical therapy to have the big toe on each foot made opposable so they were like ape feet. Like this...
2. I have clinadactyly, a medical term that describes the curvature of the fifth finger toward the other fingers of the hands. This is a genetic thing that I got from my dad, and his dad, and his mother. My uncle does not have it. Nor does my brother. I gave it to my daughter, but not my son. We first saw it on one of The Girl's ultrasounds. That was an amazing moment. You'll also see in this picture, my other fingers have different degrees of curvature. The only thing I ever had a problem with was the guitar, until I learned that Django Reinhardt had lost full use of two of his fingers in a fire when he was 18 and still went on to play some insanely brilliant guitar work. That's why I stuck with it.
Yes, that's my hand with its short fingers. Don't let that fool you.
3. I used to play Dungeons & Dragons from age 8 to 19. I haven't played Dungeons & Dragons in about 12 years, but I still love it.
4. I am responsible for my brother becoming a tattoo artist.
5. My DVD collection exceeds 750, including TV on DVD, but not BluRay or video games. I still own 400 VHS.
6. I have renovated every room in our house. Currently working on the basement. I was supposed to do the electrical yesterday, but with my back hurting and the thunder and lightning, that didn't happen.
7. My favorite number is 42. Followed by Fibonacci. I had both of these engraved on my iPad.
Name your favorite color.
Name your favorite song.
That would depend on the year and my mood, I suppose. The first one that pops to mind, "Classical Gas" by Mason Williams. I've always wanted to play like that.
Name your favorite dessert.
Honestly, as long as there's no peanut butter or meat, I'll probably eat it.
What wizzes you off.
Too many things to name, so let's just go with your mom.
When you’re upset you...
Your favorite pet.
That's like saying which is your favorite child.
It's the dog.
Black or White?
Those are great cookies. With a nice hot chocolate.
Your biggest fear.
Falling from a great height.
Amadeus. Oh, you didn't mean feature film? Okay.
Since the wreck, it really depends on how my body feels when I wake up in the morning.
What is perfection?
Both times we left the NICU—first with The Girl after 11 days, and second with The Boy after 26 days—were pretty perfect days, if you ask me.
Taking the day off from work and doing absolutely nothing for a few hours.
Now, I'm supposed to award this to 15 people, but how can I choose only 15 of you? So, guess what: You're tagged if you want it. I don't believe in the rules—contrary to my answering of the questions of this award because I hand something planned for today, but it's not finished and this seemed like a good way to interact with you all today.
I hope you've enjoyed the show today. Please take your trash with you on the way out and place into the garbage receptacles near the exit. File out in an orderly manner. Buh-bye. See you next time.